This step describes sensors which are connected to small platforms e.g. bouys, glider, etc and for platform itself e.g. satellites.
- The platform transfers its sensor data via satellite internet connection link to e.g. a ftp-server or send it by mail.
- The "Near Realtime Data Collection"-System (NRT-System) installed at the AWI Computing and Data Center provides several procedures to download and process further steps of these sensor data automatically. The system checks the server at a specified time or in time intervals for new sensor data. If available, the data will be downloaded and stored at a central temporary disk space, ready for the archiving procedure
- Furthermore the NRT-System can separate certain sensor data out of the downloaded file(s) for storing in the central database (NRT-DB). Thereby the file-format must meet the requirements of a standard NRT-Data-Input-File (read more).
To define this procedure for the NRT-System some information have to be declared once:
- Several control parameters (e.g. servername or server address, username, passwords, etc.) are necessary in order to have access to measurement data.
- In order to select the downloadable file(s), the directory- and filename(s) must be defined by regular expressions. Placeholders, such as YEAR, MONTH, and DAY are possible.
- Finally, we need the time periods to check for new sensor data.