This step describes sensors which are installed on and connected to an AWI large-scale research platform e.g. RV Polarstern, RV Heincke, RV Mya II, Neumayer Station, Polar 5, and 6:
- In the process of describing the "raw data project" (Part 1) a disk space is prepared at the central storage server aboard managed by the system administrator.
- During the expedition or campaign your staff has to copy the sensor data step by step to the central storage by using the file- and directory name convention declared in step 1. For the next steps it is very important to take care of these.
- At the end of the expedition or campaign all sensor data will be exported by the system administrator.
- Afterwards the exported data will be sent by an official procedure to the AWI Computing and Data Center. To secure the transporting procedure a second copy will be kept at the research platform.
- Arriving at the AWI Computing and Data Center the data will be imported at a central temporary disk space, ready for the archiving procedure.