Main Improvements and changes in v205
We updated the CS2SMOS processing to the latest input versions of the source data (SMOS L3C sea ice thickness v3.3 & CryoSat-2 L2P sea ice thickness v2.5)
CryoSat-2 version 2.5 update
- New surface type classification (sea ice / lead / open ocean discrimination)
- New flag indicating surface wave / swell influence in the marginal ice zone
- Resolved issues:
- Waveform shape parameter computation used for surface type (lead, sea ice) discrimination incorrect for noisy waveforms
- Not all orbit segments from different files were connected correctly
CS2SMOS algorithm changes
- Apply CryoSat-2 marginal ice zone filter flag in CS2SMOS data merging
Main Improvements and changes in v204
We updated the CS2SMOS processing to the latest input versions of the source data (SMOS L3C sea ice thickness v3.3 & CryoSat-2 L2P sea ice thickness v2.4)
CryoSat-2 version 2.4 update
- Latest CryoSat-2 L1B data version (ICE baseline-E from Oct. 2021 and later, ICE baseline-D until April 2021)
- latest version of OSI-SAF sea ice concentration and sea ice type auxiliary data,
- change of sea ice concentration mask from 70% to 15%)
SMOS version 3.3 update
- Latest SMOS L1C data version (v724)
- Grid: NSIDC Sea Ice Polar Stereographic North (EPSG:3411) has been replaced by WGS 84 / NSIDC Sea Ice Polar Stereographic North (EPSG:3413)
CS2SMOS file format changes
- Minor update of global attributes
Main Improvements and changes in v203
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to CryoSat-2 sea ice thickness product version v2.3.
Main Improvements and changes in v202
- The time coverage resolution has been changed from 7 days to 1 day, meaning that the weekly averaged product is updated every day from now on.
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to CryoSat-2 sea ice thickness product version v2.2.
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to SMOS sea ice thickness product version v3.2, which is now processed and provided by AWI.
- An ocean mask is applied to allow for a consistent land/ocean mask throughout the entire data record in order to overcome inconsistencies due to switches of the land masks in the OSI SAF ice concentration products.
- We now use different sea ice concentration products for the operational mode and for the reprocessing mode. In the operational mode, we use the operational OSI-401 ice concentration product, while in the reprocessing mode, the reprocessed OSI -430-b ice concentration product is used. Both are provided by OSI SAF.
- Changes in the NetCDF variable names, fulfilling CF 1.6 conventions.
All grids are projected onto the 25 km EASE2 Grid, which is based on a polar aspect spherical Lambert azimuthal equal-area projection (Brodzik et al., 2012). The grid dimension is 5400 km x 5400 km, equal to a 432 x 432 grid. The grid is centered on the geographic Pole, meaning that the Pole is located at the intersection of center cells (Figure 1).
Figure1: Specifications of the EASE2 25 km grid, which is used for the merged product.
- No labels