Main Improvements and changes in v204
We updated the CS2SMOS processing to the latest input versions of the source data (SMOS L3C sea ice thickness v3.3 & CryoSat-2 L2P sea ice thickness v2.4)
CryoSat-2 version 2.4 update
- Latest CryoSat-2 L1B data version (ICE baseline-E from Oct. 2021 and later, ICE baseline-D until April 2021)
- latest version of OSI-SAF sea ice concentration and sea ice type auxiliary data,
- change of sea ice concentration mask from 70% to 15%)
SMOS version 3.3 update
- Latest SMOS L1C data version (v724)
- Grid: NSIDC Sea Ice Polar Stereographic North (EPSG:3411) has been replaced by WGS 84 / NSIDC Sea Ice Polar Stereographic North (EPSG:3413)
CS2SMOS file format changes
- Minor update of global attributes
Main Improvements and changes in v203
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to CryoSat-2 sea ice thickness product version v2.3.
Main Improvements and changes in v202
- The time coverage resolution has been changed from 7 days to 1 day, meaning that the weekly averaged product is updated every day from now on.
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to CryoSat-2 sea ice thickness product version v2.2.
- We adapted the CS2SMOS processing to changes due to the update to SMOS sea ice thickness product version v3.2, which is now processed and provided by AWI.
- An ocean mask is applied to allow for a consistent land/ocean mask throughout the entire data record in order to overcome inconsistencies due to switches of the land masks in the OSI SAF ice concentration products.
- We now use different sea ice concentration products for the operational mode and for the reprocessing mode. In the operational mode, we use the operational OSI-401 ice concentration product, while in the reprocessing mode, the reprocessed OSI -430-b ice concentration product is used. Both are provided by OSI SAF.
- Changes in the NetCDF variable names, fulfilling CF 1.6 conventions.
All grids are projected onto the 25 km EASE2 Grid, which is based on a polar aspect spherical Lambert azimuthal equal-area projection (Brodzik et al., 2012). The grid dimension is 5400 km x 5400 km, equal to a 432 x 432 grid. The grid is centered on the geographic Pole, meaning that the Pole is located at the intersection of center cells (Figure 1).
Figure1: Specifications of the EASE2 25 km grid, which is used for the merged product.
- No labels